Welcome to #upliftathome. The Uplift team is here to provide families and children with resources and activities designed to bring calm during this time of uncertainty. While the current situation doesn’t allow us to be together, we will continue to offer supportive services to our community until the day we are able to once again uplift together.
Dear Uplift Community,
At Uplift Center for Grieving Children, the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and the grieving children and families we serve is our highest priority. We also believe it is our duty to act responsibly to help stop the spread of the COVID-19/Coronavirus.
To that end, the Uplift office will remain closed to the public. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make a decision regarding reopening based on professional recommendations.
What this means for our grief support services:
- Family Services Grief Groups in all six locations throughout Philadelphia will remain on hold. For questions regarding Family Services groups, please contact Kevin Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In-School and Community Grief Groups, including Overdose Loss Grief Groups, will be placed on hold until at least the beginning of April.
- For school support and Post-Crisis Support Services, please contact Meghan Szafran at email@example.com.
- Training programs will be rescheduled for later this spring.
- The Uplift Team page of our website contains a listing of all staff members as well as their contact information.
Please know that we will continue to answer our office phone, 267-437-3123, Mondays through Fridays from 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. If you leave a message, we will return your call as soon as we are able. Our website, www.upliftphilly.org, is always up and running and we have will continue to add resources, tip sheets, and helpful videos. We will continue to monitor the health situation for the state of Pennsylvania and City of Philadelphia.
Thank you for your continued support of Uplift and the children and families we are privileged to work with. Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 267-437-3123, ext. 12.
In good health,
Darcy Walker Krause,